Friday, April 08, 2005

Not Quite Kissing The Ground...

...but coming pretty close; I'm incredibly glad to be safely back in England after 14 hours of travel via metro, coach, plane, train, underground, and two more trains to return to campus. Fortunately there were no problems with my journey today aside from the length, and the coach to Pescara airport took us over three hours of gorgeous Italian countryside which I otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to see. Nevertheless, the first sighting of soggy grass fields and the first blast of icy British air were a surprising comfort, and I find I feel a lot more grounded over here than I did in Italy. I guess, in my few months here, I've settled at least a bit...

But not for long, because tomorrow morning I journey back down to London to fly out of the same airport I arrived through today, and it's off to Ireland for a week. Which I'm really excited about! I'll tell you all about it soon enough, I'm sure. Until then, ciao ciao! (See, I did pick up a little Italian... ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be assured that a great number of us silent way-goers are reading and relishing every detail of your adventures you delightfully share and admiring the depth and breadth and height of your soul-searching. We just haven't got anything to say to match it and have trouble working our browsers as well. Nana & Boppa

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home